From:
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:56:51 -0500
Kevin Sutton asks of Donald Satz:

>...please tell me how you could possible concentrate on and fully
>appreciate say, something as profound as the slow movement from Bruckner's
>7th whilst munching on a tuna fish sandwich and slurping a beer.

More to the point, should I want to do such, nowadays I can do it at home
without risking offending my fellow concertgoers.  With the advent of high
quality home sound systems and the availability of an enormous variety of
recordings, the raison d'etre for concert performances has changed
fundamentally.

len.