From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 09:22:56 PDT
Ken Boesch mentioned the Chaconne in G minor by Louis Couperin, and that
reminded me of a disc of his harpsichord music on L'Oiseau-Lyre which I've
had since the late 80's.  It was beautiful music played expertly and
expressively.  What I don't remember is the performer, and a half-hour of
trying to find the disc has been unsuccessful.

I have the feeling that it might be Hogwood.  Can anyone clear this up for
me?

Speaking of Hogwood, his Bach French Suites is the best recording I've
ever heard of these works on harpsichord.  It's easy to forget how fine
a keyboard player Hogwood is in addition to his conducting skills.

Don Satz