From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:29:34 -0500
John Smyth wrote:

>Who would have known that my love for HIP was still about as tenuous as
>an ill-fitting catgut G-string--promptly catapulting itself into oblivion
>before Holloway's first lively Gigue was even over?

No need to feel bad--it's never an either-or (HIP or unHIP) proposition
anyway, or at least it shouldn't be, especially with Bach.  You did well
with choosing Grumiaux!

>I *will* keep trying.  My support group said that there would be times like
>this.

And there always will be, too.  Even in this day and age I still sneak in
some Bach/Stokowski and Handel/Harty when no one's looking.....shhhhhh.

Bill H.