From:
Jeremey McMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 03:36:51 EDT
I'm just about to turn 17.  I have a friend that thinks I am really lame
because I chose to buy a CD featuring Beethoven's "Emporer", concerto instead
of a rap CD. The rap CD was by an artist named DMX.  The CD had just been
released and everyone was going out to buy it.  I looked at the DMX CD, then
I looked at the classical CD. I couldn't help but to buy the concerto.  A
lot of people I know hate classical music.  When I play the piano at school,
I have to play a modern piece just to satisfy everyone.  Even when I play a
fiery or gallant piece, such as the "Revolutionary" etude or the "Heroic"
polonaise by Chopin, my peers would tell me to play something else.  IT'S
TORTURE!

Jeremey McMillan

 [Fair warmings: only informed responses will be distributed.  I have
 little tolerance for genre bashing.  -Dave]