From:
Chris Bonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:30:03 -0500
Joel Hill wrote:

>The new Borders store finally opened here in Tallahassee.
>
>However....  the very nice and helpful clerks looked blankly at me when
>I asked where the Naxos CD's were kept.  they said that they didn't have
>any.  Later, when I asked to order a Naxos CD specifically, I was led to
>the "bargain area" which were full of Naxoses.

By the same clerks? I find that a bit strange....

>They didn't have the one I wanted and the Borders computer could not
>locate it either.

Strangeness compounds...

>I was told that the the entire line of any particular label was not always
>available from the store.  In other words, they could NOT order it for me.
>It was suggested that I try Borders on-line...

>...The one I was interested in is the 2 Piano Concertos of d'Albert.  I
>think it is a rather recent release.

Hmmmm.... I assume you are referring to:
Piano Concertos Nos. 1 & 2 / Overture: Esther
Joseph Banowetz, Piano / Moscow Symphony Orchestra /
Dmitry Yablonsky  8.553728

If it's any consolation I was unable to pull this up on amazon.com by using
any of various search options.  The 1999 Naxos catalog is available via
acrobat reader at www.hnh.com.  That's where I got the above information.

If they have a catalog of music in print WHY shouldn't any store have
access to ALL the items? A burning question indeed!

Chris Bonds

 [FWIW, I've seen the d'Albert Naxos recordings at the local Towers for
 some months now (S.F. Bay area).  -Dave]