From:
Alastair Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:16:29 +0000
Miguel Muelle wrote:

>Alastair Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Well, the Mac Powerbook on which I am writing this is, at the moment,
>>in danger of flying through the air and impacting my digital radio (a
>>rather expensive collision) because there is far too much talk and
>>"interpretation" on the second programme; if anyone is recording the
>>programme extensive cuts would be in order.
>>
>>Just be quiet and play the music; it speaks for itself!
>
>The music does speak for itself, but, as Anne points out, we can get
>that any day with her many recordings available.  It is all the
>reminiscences and stories that I listened for!

Unfortunately I had read Elizabeth Wilson's biography beforehand.  I got
the feeling of the same old stories being told by the same old people
over and over again.

(En passant I was surprised to discover how weak the Schumann concerto
was.  Even a great performance couldn't save it from that three-note
theme being relentlessly hammered home in the final movement!)

>Now, as for that collision you almost caused, I don't suppose that you
>recorded the program on that digital radio of yours, did you?  I wish
>you had, because the recording I got off the Internet sounds like they
>are all meeting in a bathroom and listening to Jackie's recordings in a
>garage...  BUT, I will treasure it nonetheless (until someone comes
>forward with a radio recording...  PLEASE!)

Unfortunately not - it doesn't have a SP/DIF (optical) output:/

Alastair