From:
Bob Edgerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 01:26:08 EDT
I would like to alert you to a concert that is coming up on September 26,
1999 in Seattle, Washington at the recital hall at the new magnificent
Benaroya Hall.  Two excellent musicians that have recently relocated here
from Juilliard will be playing some commissioned works of contemporary
American composers.  They have recently completed a spectacular CD of the
music of these composers.  The Seattle concert is the final concert in a
tour of the East Coast and draws on some of the compositions featured on
the CD.

The American composers are David Stock, William Bolcom, Reza Vali,
Samuel Zyman, and Lowell Liebermann.  David Stock was the resident composer
for the SSO recently and lived in Madison Heights during his stay here in
Seattle.  William Bolcom was raised in Seattle and now lives and teaches
in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Reza Vali is at the Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh,
Samuel Zyman is at the Juilliard in New York City, and Lowell Liebermann is
an established composer.  The music is performed by the Krishnaswami-Salman
Duo consisting of Rajan Krishnaswami on the violoncello and Mark Salman
on the piano.  These works are in a style that I would classify as tonal
music, contemporary in concept, exciting and fun.  I was privileged to be
in the studio during the recording of the CD and I am very impressed with
the quality of the music and the attention to detail made in recording the
performance of it.  I believe that this CD will make a big contribution to
introducing these composers to the listening audience.

They will be giving a concert tour of the East coast on September 14
at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall $20 (NYC), September 16 at
Duquesne University PNC Bank Recital Hall $10 (Pittsburgh), and September
20 at Longy School of Music Pickman Hall $18 (Cambridge, MA).  The concert
includes pieces by Beethoven, Liszt, Bolcom, Janacek, Vali, and Stock.
The Seattle concert is scheduled for September 26 th at the Nordstrom
Recital Hall of Benaroya Hall at 8 P.M.  The Seattle concert has pieces
by Beethoven, Reza Vali, David Stock, Samuel Zyman, and Leos Janacek.
The CD is titled American Interweave and has pieces by David Stock,
Refuge (1998):  Reza Vali, FolkSong Set #12C (1997):  William Bolcom,
Capriccio(1985):  Samuel Zyman, Sonata for Cello and piano (1992):  and
Lowell Liebermann, Sonata No.  1 for Cello and Piano (1978).  Sincerely
yours,

Bob Edgerton