From:
Andrew Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 22:24:42 -0400

Everybody and his aunty wrote something to the effect of:

>Street Scenes? This must be some sort of suite from his opera "Street
>Scene" which is rather well known and produced somewhat regularly.  I can't
>imagine is being a premiere?!

Puzzled me too, but I know very little about Weill.  The program for the
N.Y.  Phil's concert on 8th March 2000 is listed as follows:

  Bernstein: Suite from "A Quiet Place"
  Pugh:   Trombone Concerto (N.Y. Premiere)
  Weill:  Street Scenes (World Premiere)

Performers are:

  Leonard Slatkin (conductor)
  Joseph Alessi (trombone)
  Christine Goerke (Anna)
  Yvonne Gonzales (Rose)
  Charles Castronova (Sam)
  Dean Ely (Frank)

For the terminally curious, the New York Phil. has a web site:

   http://www.newyorkphilharmonic.org/

and a phone number: (212)-875-5656

Best wishes
Andy Jackson