From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:34:40 -0800
 [In Tuesday's www.sfcv.org, I concluded an enthusiastic review of
10-year-old Kit Armstrong's Stanford recital with what was to be an
impressive combination of musicological research and supportive whimsy:
"One of Kit's earliest compositions was the `Chicken Sonata,' almost
five years ago, and he followed that with `Chickens in Spring Time: Theme
and 46 Variations.' He continues to raise chickens, so in the future,
once he gets through mastering orchestration, a Chicken Symphony may
well be in the cards." How little do we know! Here's Kit's measured
response by e-mail.]

   Hi, I read your on-line review with interest. I thought you might
   want to know that I indeed wrote a chicken symphony when I was
   seven years old. It was my first symphony and the first movement
   of it was performed by the Pacific Symphony Orchestra as well
   as my high school orchestra a few years back.

   Kit Armstrong

I won't disclose Kit's address, but it's noteworthy that it contains the
string "chicken_music." A brilliant young man with a singular commitment to
poultry!

Janos Gereben/SF