From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:23:44 EST
Tim Dickinson writes about the Sanderling recording:

>You probably won't see a swell of support because the availability of this
>recording has been iffy for quite awhile now.  I consider it my favorite
>recording out of 21 performances of the sixth.
>
>In the past, this CD was listed at sites like Tower and Amazon but when
>people ordered it they got a Neumann recording of a Mahler symphony -
>obviously a database error.  However, these sites now have a seemingly new
>listing of this recording with an October 2000 release date at midprice.
>I haven't heard of any reports of whether this will get you the real thing
>or if it is the same database error.

I bought this CD several months ago (maybe around October) at it was
actually very affordable, I think about $14 for 2 CDs.  I got it at the
Tower Records in Washington D.C.  which is the best Record Store that I
know around DC.

I have never seen it anywhere else.  Oh yeah, it is a great recording.  Not
my personal favorite but a winner nonetheless.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)