From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:10:20 -0700
Donald Satz writes, regarding the link between CM and CM appreciation:

>The subject, (CM), was an "aside" when I went to school; now it's gone.
>I'm not sure that there's much difference between the two.

Don, are you sure there is no connection between your music education and
your appreciation of CM? Your statement reminds me of the English student
who writes the eloquent essay about how his English teachers never taught
him anything about writing.

As I mentioned in a previous posting, no one knows the exact day one learns
to walk, speak, or read.  No one can recall the multitude of previous
events and experiences that eventually lift a person high enough to be
touched by a great artist.

I'm sure a teacher had to have something to do with it!

Mr. Smyth  (guess what I do)