From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 14:14:48 -0500
In the May/June Fanfare, Robert Carl goes nuts over a new recording of
music by Yale Professor of Music, Martin Bresnick (CRI 868 - a 2CD set),
a collection of orchestral and chamber pieces under the umbrella title
of 'Opera Della Musica Povera.'

I know that Bresnick won the prestigious (and very remunerative) Charles
Ives Living Prize in 1998, which requires the winner to give up his 'day
job' for three years while receiving a total of $225,000.  (It was more
recently won by our own Kansas City composer, Chen Yi.)

My question: has anyone heard this music, and what do you think?

Scott Morrison
Prairie Village, KS