From:
Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:20:11 +1100
Alex Renwick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ravel: Bolero, Daphnis and Chloe, Ma Mere l'oye [8.550173]
>
>Towards the end they approach what could be considered a reasonable volume.
>I play them only on my iMac computer and the sound of any CD is somewhat
>tinny, but fully audible.  The volume is turned up fully.  I have other
>Naxos CD's which play normally.

Don't know the roast piggie disc; but your problem with the Ravel is
definitely printing rather than recording...  it's my recollection that
the Naxos Ravel is pretty spectacular in its dynamic range; going from a
dangerously quiet snare drum to a loud as all Bozzetto finale.  Probably
best if you contact hnh.com directly (they're on the web)...  if one disc
has been misprinted like that, probably others have as well....

All the best,
Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]>