From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:55:43 -0500
Karl Miller wrote:

>Sometimes I think those "appreciation programs" are designed for the
>educators and not the children (ok, a gross generalization).

I'm so glad someone said that.  I think part of developing an appreciation
is simply having others around who can recognize an interest and help
develop it.  I'm not sure formal programs are necessary, or even helpful
(at least the ones I was part of in Junior High or elsewhere).  But
sensitivity to an interest and support of it were fore me.

Regards,

Tom Connor