From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 13:45:49 -0500
 Stuart Sinclair:

>Wow!! what a find.  I recently purchased The Naxos American Classics
>recording of these 2 fine concertos.  I had never heard of this composer
>before this CD came along.

Anybody who attended New York City elementary schools in the forties and
no doubt many, many more people as well, learned McDowell's "To a Wild
Rose" and "To a Water Lily" in music appreciation, along with "Narcissus"
by Etheebert Nevin and Schubert's Unfinished Symphomy, among others.  And
we learned little singalong jingles:" This Is the Sym-phony that Schubert
Wrote and Never Fin- ished."

Bernard Chasan