From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:01:46 -0800
Nate DeMaria wrote:

>I am wondering if anyone knows whether or not Horowitz recorded
>Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto.  I love the way Horowitz plays
>the third, and I adore the second concerto.  Thanks

Didn't find that, but found something you might find interesting anyway:

 Catalog#: LHW036
 Label: Biddulph Recordings
 Dist: Albany
 Release Date: 9/1/97
 Rachmaninoff plays the Rachmaninoff PC #2, under Stokowski, with the
 PhiladelphiaOrchestra; Horowitz plays Rachmaninoff PC #3, under Coates,
 with the London Symphony Orchestra

To find it easily --I found it only at Tower -- go to the advanced
searchbox there or at http://andrys.com/books.html#tower and fill in the
composer and performer fields using 'rachmaninoff' spelling.  The CD will
be the last one on Page 1 of the results.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html   search sheet music, videos, CDs
http://www.andrys.com/cbooks.html  newer classical music books