From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:43:01 PDT
Mimi Ezust was telling us of a radio program which "explores with as much
depth as possible all sides of music, poetry, literature, philosophy, and
all *other* areas of interest to people just like us..."

Wait a minute!  "People just like us"? I am unique; there's nobody just
like me.  Same with everyone else, and the postings prove it.  Yes, we
do share a common love of classical music, access to computers, and the
ability to write.  That's about it.  We don't even agree on composers,
conductors, and recordings - no good reason why we should either).

Actually, the only area of "high" art that I greatly like is classical
music.  Subjectively, I find poetry a particularly absurd means of
communication.  How did poetry even get started? Somebody must have had
a bad idea day.

Don Satz