From:
Keith Bramich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 00:05:31 +0100
Richard Pennycuick, Don Satz and Johan van Veen have been discussing
Vanhal's symphonies.

I just wanted to point out that Music & Vision recently published a mini
review of the Naxos disc they mentioned.  It's at the following URL and
has Real Audio extracts:

   http://www.mvdaily.com/articles/1999/09/vanhal.htm?mcml

I've listened to this disc and I'm impressed with it.  I don't know the
other Vanhal recordings though.

Music & Vision's October newsletter appeared a few hours ago, by the way -
to get a copy, just send an email to [log in to unmask]

And on the '2 kinds of people' thread ...  I always knew the original as
follows (and I think it's funnier): 'There are three kinds of people -
those who can count and those who can't!' Best wishes

Keith Bramich
Music & Vision magazine