From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:43:17 -0600
Drew Capuder writes:

>I've been watching some of the Bach Cantatas conducted by Ton Koopman
>on the Ovation channel.  Does anyone know how many cantata performances
>Koopman filmed, and where they might be available?  And which cantatas
>he filmed?  I taped 4 programs containing 4 cantatas, but I have no idea
>how many there are in the filmed series.  I'm aware of his complete
>cantata cycle on CD, but I'm focusing for the moment on the cantatas
>he filmed for TV or video sales or whatever.  Thanks very much.

The only Ton Koopman DVD I find listed at Amazon.com is one in which
only one cantata appears (along with primarily an organ/harpsichord
collection of Koopman playing fabulously), and it's the solo cantata
'Ich habe genug,' with bass Klaus Mertens singing.  ('Schlummert ein'
is done well.) I reviewed this DVD here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002TNGVY/classicalnetA/

Scott Morrison