From:
Daniel Beland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 13:26:07 -0400
Francisco Rivera:

>You mention the Requiem, the St. Luke Passion, etc.  but, what about his
>Credo?

Well, Rilling's recording has been on my shopping list for a while...  I
will try to borrow a copy this evening at the CD library!!!

Talking about Polish modern music, I would like to say that the splendid
works of Tadeusz Baird (1928-1981) are really underrated.  His Viola
concerto, for example, is one of the best of the repertoire...  And you
can buy a good recording of this work at a very modest price:

   http://shopping.yahoo.com/shop?d=c&cf=1&id=402670

Another example of good and very expressive atonal music ;-)

   http://www.usc.edu/dept/polish_music/composer/baird.html

Daniel Beland
Calgary, Canada