From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:46:27 -0500
Joel Hill wrote:

>Another fun thing to do is to put the piano version of Beethoven's Violin
>Concerto on and watch people's faces trying to figure out what they are
>listening to.  It doesn't work with everybody.

I don't know how many on this list remember the "Henry Aldrich" movies,
which were apparently Paramount's attempt to compete w/ MGM's "Andy Hardy"
series.  Those who do, may recall that the school song for Henry's high
school "Dear Old Centerville High" was the main theme from the first
movement of Beethoven's Violin Concerto.

And while we're on school songs, has anyone else noticed how readily the
opening theme to LvB's Archduke Trio lends itself to this genre?

"Cheer, cheer, cheer, cheer, cheer,
 For the team we hold so dear.
 Ever fight
 With our might