From:
Jeffrey James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:14:21 -0500
Eric Schissel was nice enough to mention Steven R.  Gerber's Viola Concerto
in a recent post about Contemporary Viola Concerti.  This was especially
welcome, as I represent Steven Gerber.

This concerto was written for Yuri Bashmet and premiered by him in Tours,
France in 1997.  It has been recorded by Lars-Anders Tomter with Thomas
Sanderling and the Russian Philharmonic for Chandos (CHAN 9831).

It is discussed in a new interview (mistakenly credited to me) in the
Journal of the American Viola Society, along with Steven's Elegy on the
Name of Dmitri Shostakovich, which I had previously posted information
about the downloadability (is that a word?) of at

   http://www.jamesarts.com/releases/aug01/SG_081501.htm

Steven R. Gerber's website is at http://www.composers.com/gerber/

Jeffrey James