From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 22:50:59 -0400
 From Berkshire, a 2-CD album from Lys (053/4) of Gerard Souzay w/ his
sister, Genevieve Touraine and also Germaine Lubin singing, and Jacqueline
Robin, and Irene Aitoff accompanying, songs by Leguerney, Roussel, Debussy,
Faure, Chabrier, Canteloube, Gounod, and Poulenc.  Of these, Jacques
Leguerney was the only one whose name was new to me and his was the true
discovery.  Also three noels by Canteloube, in French rather than Languedoc
and (I think) not from his Songs of the Auvergne, were revelations.  All
the music was actually new to me and all of it a delight.

Walter Meyer