From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:45:28 GMT
Bill Pirkle, in a recent posting on this thread, questions the relevance
of the term "classical music".  I just wanted to relate that I consider
it highly relevant.  It has been, for me, the entrance "ID" to the music I
want to listen to and own.  Also, everybody I know has a generally similar
notion of what classical music sounds like (love it or hate it).  And the
typing of the term in a search engine brought me to Dave's website; that
has plenty of significance as well.

My basic response to Bill is that a descriptive term can be relevant
without being exacting.  It's a slippery world when one wants the exact.

Don Satz