From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 08:31:59 +0200
This post is off the traditional list topics.

I saw some time ago a suggestion [I don't remember from whom, sorry] that
we Classical-List members should make something together.  I percieved
this as a suggestion to make something similar to that photogallery of
the members they have on the Mahler-List, on this URL:

   http://www.dmgrad.com/mahlerlist.html

I sit here now with a 98 MB Serverspace Homepage, which I don't know what
to do with, and I thought I could use part of it for the list, and I wanted
to ask if there is an interest for this among the listmembers.  The page I
had in mind would have about the same design as Pat' Suarez Mahlerlisters
page above.

I, and I know am not alone, feel it is nice to have a face to think of when
communicating with people, and therefore I think a page like this might be
appropriate.  It is supposed to include a photo and if the member want; a
selfmade presentation.

If you are interested, I suggest you, that you email a digitized photo of
yourself to me as attached file, and a eventual presentation in plain text
in the email body, and then I will see on the ammount of images incoming if
there is an interest for this.  I rely on the listers interest for this:
If, say, only five images are in, there will be nothing of the project.

To make eventual contibutions easier for me to handle:  Name the photo
with your own name:  e.g.  mnorrman.jpg or matsnorrman.gif etc, if possible,
so I don't confuse the images.  Send the photo as fullsize.  I can make
thumbnails myself, but a reservation though; my current software don't
allow me to cut and trim the photos, so please make sure the photo you
send is trimmed as you like it before you send.

If you would like to contribute with a photo, but have no scanner, I can
say I have no scanner myself either, but maybe someone else on the list
who owns a scanner will volunteer and scan your photos for you? I hope so.

Send photos and eventual presentations to me on this address:

BTW - I am of course open to make changes if the contributors want to make
later changes in presentation, or want to be taken down etc.

I hope the listers find this a good idea, and many send contributions.

Best,

Mats Norrman

 [Please respond directly to Mats.  -Dave]