From:
"Norman M. Schwartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:05:40 -0400
Deryk Barker wrote:

>And fourth (stop, stop!  I'll come in again) his Piano Concerto is unique
>AFAIK in that the orchestral accompaniment is marked as optional.

Berwald's Piano Concerto in D is performed by Marian Migdal with the Royal
Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Ulf Bjorlin on EMI "Matrix 1":  CDM 5
60573 2.  It also has his Violin Concerto in C sharp minor, Op.2, perhaps
my *current* favorite Berwald piece.  The four symphonies, several other
pieces and overtures can be found on two other EMI Discs, Matrix 11, 5
65303 2 and Matrix 21, 65866 2.  The Royal Philharmonic conducted by
Bjorlin are the performers on all these EMI discs.

Norman