From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:50:56 -0800
Concerning the music used in Brief Encounter, Jane Erb writes:

> - it's the 2nd Piano Concerto (of Rachmaninoff)

Which brings to mind the World War 2 film (Suicide Squadron, I believe)
which used a faux Second Concerto written by Richard Addinsell, "The
Warsaw Concerto.  I would never admit this in public, but I enjoy listening
to it, and to my ears it conveys an urgency and sense of danger appropriate
to a war film- within the context of a virtuoso concerto.

Bernard Chasan