From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:53:28 -0500
And speaking of two entirely different pianists - I admit this is a sneaky
way to work this in - I've just gotten a CD from Berkshire featuring Robert
and Gaby Casadesus in two-pianist (notice I say two *pianists* rather than
two *piano* music - about half the music is for four-hands at one piano)
music, all French.

My goodness, it takes me back to hear Debussy's Petite Suite, and En
blanc et noir, Faure's Dolly Suite, and Erik Satie's Pieces in the Form of
a Pear.  But new for me, and the highlight are Three Mediterranean Dances
by M.  Casadesus himself.  I've always been fond of the little bit of
Casadesus' music I've heard.  Very much in the style of his French
compatriots.

Crisp, insouciant, lyrical.  If you like this literature you'll love these
performances.

It's on the Masterworks Portrait label, from old Columbia recordings dating
from the 1950s and early 1960s.  MPK 52527

Scott Morrison