From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:51:19 -0400
Sam Kemp introduced himself:

>I'm an amateur pianist of fairly good standard (I hope - though the
>neighbours might disagree!:-) with an interest in Romantic music,
>particularly Beethoven and Mahler.  I have yet to meet anyone else
>who shares that particular esoteric preference!

Strange how something so exciting and enriching as CM is so often seen as
an oddball interest, isn't it?

>I hope that I've found some people with similar interests to myself here,
>as being a fourteen-year old at secondary school in the UK I seem to be
>in a minority of one!

Welcome!  From what you say, it sounds like this list may be for you.

There certainly are plenty of people with similar interests; this List
will probably suit your musical passions in several ways.  You've probably
already found a few well-informed people who'll likely help enrich them as
well.  I sure have, and I'm 48 -- probably not far from the average age.

We've got a good moderator who interferes very seldom and, I think you'll
find, only helpfully.  The whole site he's built is a wonder to peruse ...as
I'm sure you've begun doing.  (I find the ever-growing reviews section most
interesting.)

Listmembers, whose levels of erudition range from genuine expert to rank
novice, include performers, critics, conductors, radio presenters, some
composers like yourself, and common or garden music lovers from around the
planet.  A few have sites of their own that are often worth checking out,
too.

Again: welcome!  I look forward to your contributions.

Bert Bailey, in Ottawa