From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:42:03 +1000
Dave:

>...before there were places like Amazon and ArkivMusic

Just yesterday, I checked out ArkivMusic for the first time and found
quite a few arcane goodies to consider buying.  I also read the fine
print and found they only ship to the US and Canada, so I saved a truckload
of money that I can spend somewhere else.

Murphy's Law, that inescapable arbiter of random events, suggests that
just as the UPS truck disappears down the street with all Dave's old
catalog(ue)s, at least one question will present itself which is answerable
only by consulting one of them.  The problem I have is 40+ years' worth
of Gramophones which have overflowed a cupboard and are rapidly filling
a bookshelf near another one that's nearly full of Fanfares.  They're
good for nostalgia value, I suppose, but I rarely need to consult them
any more and even then, only a relatively recent issue.  I considered
donating them to the local library where they would probably only gather
dust and present some unfortunate with a huge filing problem.  The
recycling bin seems the only realistic option.  There must be other
listers with the same dilemma.  Any suggestions?

Richard Pennycuick