From:
Alan Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:48:32 +1000
Richard Pennycuick, some days ago, in praise of Prokofiev:  Cantata for the
20th Anniversary of the October Revolution.

>Unfortunately, Jarvi's version, IMO, is not as fiery nor as well-sung as
>Kondrashin's, which had as a filler another choral work, The Salute, also
>good stuff.  The chances of Kondrashin's version making it to CD seem ever
>more remote, so Jarvi is, AFAIK, the only one there is.

Not so.  I have a disk of a performance of this work by BBC Symphony
Orchestra and Chorus, conducted (I think, the label is a bit ambiguous) by
Geoffrey Mitchell.  The disk was one of those "free" CDs supplied with the
BBC Music Magazine.  I know nothing of the availability of these disks, I
have only a couple of dozen.  We had a disagreement about payment for a
subscription.

Alan Dudley <[log in to unmask]>