From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:54:14 -0700
Don Satz:

>>Maybe it's something more prevalent in left-handed folks.  Being a Scorpio
>>and left-handed is a hard way to go in life.

Tim Mahon responded:

>Aha!  The start of a whole new thread, perhaps? Is there any correlation
>between a composer's zodiacal sign and that of the listener in determining
>whether the listener enjoys the composer's music?

The ever-clever recording industry is way ahead of y'all.  Well, OK, not
-way- ahead...

I have here the [tray cards for the] beginning of a series on the German
label Tacet [same one as the "Frei aber Einsam" series that troubled us so
much] called 'Komponisten und ihre Sternzeichen' or "Composers and their
Starsigns".  The usual compilation stuff: excerpts or movements of famous
works by the composers represented.  You'll be delighted to know that
Chopin, Handel, Ravel & Hugo Wolf were all Pisces (fische!).

Sorry, Don, I don't have the Scorpios yet.  Although I do have a nice
calendar from KUHF-FM in Houston (hello) with composer birthdays and
pictures and quotes and stuff which I like a lot.

(BTW it's Grainger's and Antheil's birthday today, 7/8.)

Bob K., the reluctant Gemini