From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 00:41:52 -0500
Donald Scarinci wrote:

>I could use some help with what people think of the following recordings:
>
>1.  Bronfman's "Pictures at an Exhibition"

I love Bronfman's playing.  Powerful and always sensitive.  I also enjoy
the recording by Pogorelic.

>2.  John Elliot Gardiner's "complete Beethoven symphonies"

Entirely too fast for my taste.  I much prefer the 60's vintage Karajan,
the Szell/Cleveland or the Harnoncourt/COE.

>3.  What composer is good for Stravinsky's "The Right of Spring"

I assume you mean conductor. My choices are Dutoit, Berstein, or Monteaux.

Kevin Sutton