From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 09:44:36 -0500
Jeremy Wright wrote:

>I think that atonality is thought...tonality is not thought, it is the
>natural form of things.

Have you ever tried to compose music?

Are you suggesting that there is no thought in either the creation of, or
listening to tonal music?

>Because 9 times out of 10, as I pointed out, atonal music is more
>thought then emotion.  And that is exactly the problem.  Most of the
>music listening public wants and needs an emotional side to music.

I don't understand your statement.  Are you suggesting that Schoenberg gave
more thought to his composing than Beethoven did? Or are you suggesting
that you need to leave your brain at home when attending a concert of
Beethoven's music, and bring it along if you are listening to Schoenberg?

Karl