From:
Renato Vinicius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:44:40 -0200
Reginald wrote:

>Hi, folks, I am a relatively naive classical music fan.since i suscribed to
>the site i have been closingly following dicussions by members.I generally
>love piano music and have great love for Mozart's piano concertos.Other
>people whose music facinates me are G.F. Handel, J.S Bach.

Hi, Reginald.  I don't know with which performer you listen to Mozart's
piano concerts, but my favorite one if, far away, Geza Anda's performances;
he recorded all of them with - and also conducting the Camerata Academica
of the Salzburg Mozarteum.  An other gerat player is Wilhelm Kempff on the
nr 20 and 23 or Alicia de Larrocha too.  Other good recordings are the ones
with Abbado/Serkin and the Brendel/Marriner; competents, but not much more.

>I am planning of making some purchaces this holidays for my enjoyment and
>will like to draw from the wealth of members as to where to start from.

Piano music:

Start from the begining:  this God made the ligth, then the animals, the
vegetables and the minerals, and then, in 1953, Glen Gould recerded the
Goldberg Variations!

(Gouldberg Var., as I prefer!), - om amazon.  com for less than $10,00!
But for Bach, you can buy anything with Gould.

Mozart - with above - Uchida's, Ingrid Haebler or Arrau (any thing, but the
concerts are the finnest, with Anda.)

Beethoven - Schnabel plays Beethoven V (amazon.com Pearl -- Koch -- - #9142
/ February 20, 1995 Audio CD / ADD / Number of Discs:  3 $44,97) or with
Kempff.

Schumann - Carnaval op.9 (Davidovich), Kreileriana (Horowitz),

Chopin - Preludes / Etudes / Scherzi / Mazurks (Arrau or Rubinstein)

Liszt - Etude Trancendental / Totentanz / Anne Peregrinage

Brahms - Piano Concerts (Sandor / Reinhardt / Baden-Baden)

Debussy - Prelude (Gieseking)

Prokofiev - Piano Conc. (Ashkenazy / Previn)

And any thing with Horowitz, Cortot, Richter or Pogorelich

Renato Vinicius