From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:04:22 -0700
William Jenks:

>Once in a while, I see another instrumentation offered...a brass group and
>an orchestral version come to mind.  Any comments and/or recommendations
>out there on these non-keyboard and non-string->quartet interpretations?

Ooh.  I've heard an orch version but...a brass version? In my dreams...how
cool would that be? And by whom? I can only imagine.  I would love to check
that out.  I bet you could really get the independence of the lines.

I am curious about the instrumentation.  I myself would love to arrange AoF
for 4 Euphoniums.  (Of course I always want to replace the entire brass
section with euphoniums anyway.  [You should hear my French Horn
impression.] I have a dream...)

My related question is this:  When one transcribes from strings to brass
or other one-note-at-a-time (there must be a word for this!--monotonal?
Mononotal? Nah.) instruments (advanced techniques nonwithstanding) how does
one deal with double- and triple-stops? I have a(n) (serious) idea about
transcribing the Cello Suites but always get hung up on the double-stops.
Any ideas?

Bob K.