From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:31:56 -0500
Ray Bayles writes:

>Hopefully, somebody will come along and find a way to make classical
>music profitable.

I mentioned a few days ago a local FM station, WWFM in Trenton, NJ, is
online.  I live about 25-30 miles away from them and am on the fringe of
their listening area.

Online, I assume the entire list can listen to them.  From some of
the comments I have seen from list members others seem to enjoy WWFM's
programming and don't find it following the trend of 'other' FM classical
music stations.

I'm beginning to get the impression that the stations we like may find
survival online.  If FM stations many of us on the list favor cannot
survive in a limited geographic area, let's hope a worldwide market will
provide the opportunity.  Technology seems to support rapid advances
online, and I think those Classical music channels will take advantage
of it.

Come to think of it, I think it's about time to check on WHRB and see if
I'll have better sound during the next orgy period.

Regards,

Tom Connor