From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:44:16 PDT
Richard Todd mentions:

>While I have nothing to compare it to, it does seem to me that the
>performance is close to ideal.  The principals are strong and well matched
>and Rattle's direction brings a strength and sense of rightness to the
>musical and dramatic arc of the piece.

Richard, you might want to try the recent recording of 'King Roger' on
Naxos that, I believe, got good reviews.  I apologize for not knowing the
serial number of the disc or the performers.  I saw it for around US$18.00
for two discs, a bit high for Naxos.  Also, the libretto is either in
Polish or it is not included with the disc.

Ron Chaplin