From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:49:29 -0700
Here's a new kind of quiz:  Read Flicka's Mind.  Ms. Von Stade is in
Cincinnati for performances of "Dead Man Walking." The Cincinnati Opera
is also presenting "Elektra" in revolving repertory with Jake Heggie's
opera.  Hearing the Strauss, Flicka sent the following message:  "I heard
a some great voices in Cincinnati, including Margaret Jane Wray [Sister
Helen] and a drop-dead soprano who sang one of the ladies in `Elektra,'
I can't remember her name but she is one of those you only hear once in
a century."

Excuse me? WHO? No answer.  Nominations for "Flicka's Secret" are
invited.  Here's the cast:  Deborah Polaski (Elektra), Anja Silja, really!
(Klytamnestra), Inga Nielsen (Chrysothemis), Robert Hale (Orest), Kenneth
Garrison (Aegisth), Karen Anderson (Overseer), Elizabeth Grohowski (First
Maid), Blythe Gaissert (Second Maid), Heidi Vanderford (Third Maid), Angela
Brown (Fourth Maid), Measha Brueggergosman (Fifth Maid), Kathryn Hart
(Confidante).

Janos Gereben/SF