From:
Felix Delbrueck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 00:05:17 +1300
Bernard Chasan recommended to Bob Draper:

>[Mozart's] transcendental Divertimento for Strings, K 563 (possibly the
>greatest piece of music ever) just to name a few.

What good recordings are there of it, preferably HIP? My appetite whetted by
Prof. Chasan's first mentioning the work a couple of months ago, I got the
Grumiaux version and couldn't get through it because of the super-velvety
tone.

I'm just listening to the E flat quartet K428 played by the Lindsays - at
one time celestial and deeply humane.

Felix Delbruck