From:
Renato Vinicius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 08:30:32 -0300
At the age of fourteen I was used to listen to Michael Jackson's
"Thriller" LP.  No one in my family was a classical listener, except for
my grandmother, that live in Rio de Janeiro, 200 miles far from my house.
She had some tape records of Beethoven of a not "great" label, and she
changed them for a better one (DGG) and gave to my father the bad ones.
He listened them just once (simph.  3, 5 & 6).  I really liked that
"noise", much more tough than that weak "Thriller" or "Beat it" I was al
reddy gett9ing tired of.  Than I started searching for anything with that
name:  "Beethoven".  Six months later my grandmother discovered my new
musical taste, and we started changing letters on this mater.  She gave me
about 150 cassets when she was alive, and many books.  She payed my piano
studings on the Conservatoire where I learned a lot.  No one in my family
likes CD and it was very difficult to be an adolescent and to hear CM at
the same time.  Specialy if your friends continue listening Michael Jackson
and Pop music...

Renato Vinicius