From:
Noboru Inoue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:05:55 +0900
What is the music?  Compare with play.

   play writer   <-->   composer
   script        <-->   score
   play          <-->   rendition/play
   player        <-->   player

I think a script is an independent work, though not popular, (I enjoy
Kurosawa's playwrights as well as movies) as well as score, and play and
rendition...  Can we hear truly script writer or composer through actual
play or CD? This question is paraphrased with "Can you link or associate
this rendition/CD with some composer? Can you link or associate this
rendition with just player?" We are just enjoying comfortable air molecule
vibration sensed by eardrum.  Vibration linked with Bach or Beethoven or
Mahler or Casals or is worthless knowledge, though it may be helpful for
arranging CD's.  So information printed on the CD is of great value, with
which only we can enjoy music(and arrangement) comfortably.  Can you
imagine music of unidentified composer/era/player, except for sounds of
outdoors?

Noboru Inoue