From:
Anthony Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:57:16 +0200
I think you can take Mr. Lebrecht's research with a pinch of whatever he
puts in his porridge these days.

He mentions the retention of conductors on record company contracts for
example.

As far as BMG goes for example (and I am not related to that entity) he
states BMG retains Gatti, but their roster begins with a best selling 87
year old, (Wand) a prestigious and also well selling 70 year old (Maazel)
a huge profiled and also commercial 51 years old (MTT) and then the young
Italian (Gatti is in his late 30s).  On top of that they have relationships
with Davis, Eschenbach and a few others.  I sure with a closer look at
other information contained in this article there will be as much omitted
as there is inaccurately portrayed.

If DG does fall, there will be others who will fill the gap I am sure.
Much as I enjoy his articles, if his guesses are as accurate as his in
depth research, who knows?

Anthony G Morris
agmdigital