From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:58:23 -0600
Bonnie Granat wrote:

>On that CD is Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto for Strings in A RV 159, the
>performance that you'll find listed online in all the classical radio
>stations' playlists -- the CD the stations dutifully announce, right
>down to all the details above -- but that cannot be purchased anywhere,
>as far as I have been able to ascertain.  ...
>
>Perhaps if I cannot find the CD, and can only listen to it when WCRB
>in Boston plays it, someone can tell me why stations broadcast the CD
>number and the performance and so forth when the CD is unavailable.
>I think that's cruelty of a particularly severe sort.

Well, I can see your frustration...on the other hand, for over 15 years
I produced a radio program where very few of the selections were in
print!  I can also recall some radio programs I would regularly tape
because I knew I could not find the records...however, after some 30
years or so, I have found most of them...

>Does anyone here have that CD? Any brilliant ideas?

Perhaps not a brilliant idea but, try checking online with

Ars Antiqua
Parnassus
Princeton Record Exchange
and a bunch of other places that advertize in Grammophone, American Record
Guide and Fanfare

Karl