From:
Gary Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:49:17 -0500
Hi-Do Shin of Seoul, Korea has asked about the complete songs of Barber
performed by Studer, Hampson, Browning et al.

I have had this set for several years.  It is superb.  A word of caution:
these are art songs, mostly with piano accompaniment.  They demand a lot
from the listener.  It is recommended that you not listen to all of these
at one sitting.  Furthermore, I strongly recommend that you listen to them
with the sheet music so as to appreciate the interplay of text and music.
Schirmer publishes the complete songs of Barber in two editions, low voice
or high voice.  Either one will do.

Gary Hoffman