From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:51:13 -0800
Scott Morrison responds to Margaret Mikulska:

>>Mine must be Bruckner. I'll leave him for my old age.
>
>That's what I thought, too, but now that I've reached old age, nothing
>has changed.  He still bores me to tears.  Great for insomnia, though.

I feel sorry for both of you.  I've loved Bruckner for some 40 years
(since I was a teenager, I hasten to point out).  I suppose I can see
why people don't respond to him, I can sympathise but I cannot empathise.

As I believe somebody has pointed out, Bruckner's symphonies are the
natural successors to Schubert's Great C major (and am I the only one
who hears a distinct connecting line from the minuet of Mozart's K.543,
the scherzo of D.944 and most Bruckner scherzos?)

Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>