From:
Darrell Acree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:49:22 -0500
Donald Satz wrote:

>I'm looking to round out my collection of recordings of the Debussy
>Preludes for Piano.  This leads to my two questions.  Of the above
>recordings I don't have, would any of them be great additions to my
>library? Are there any other recordings of merit for Debussy's Preludes?

To answer your second question, I suggest two additional recordings, which,
unfortunately I don't think are available on CD and are hard to find on LP:

E.  Robert Schmitz on Camden, recorded in the late '40's or early 50's.
Schmitz studied with Diemer and wrote a definitive book on Debussy.  Daniel
Ericourt on Kapp, recorded in 1960.  Ericourt knew Debussy as a youth and
appeared with him in concert.

Darrell Acree
Washington, DC