From:
Tom Wade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:17:18 -0800
Mitch Friedfeld wrote:

>Are any of you in a disc-buying funk, like I am, with the demise of
>Tower?  Seems my "to buy" list is growing by the day but I'm finding it
>harder to pull the trigger.  I have a feeling it's because I'm not able
>to rummage through a large inventory to compare alternate versions or
>to make a spur of the moment purchase

I just joined this list, so if I am rehashing worn out subjects please
let me know.  I was a big fan of Tower.  Sometimes I would also order
on-line and never had ANY problems.  Service was always great.

This summer I placed an order with the "New" Tower on-line.  I ordered
10 CDs.  Only 1 arrived after 6 weeks.  I tried emailing and never got
a response. I tried calling and could never get through.  2 months later
I finally was able to get my money back.  DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS
COMPANY!

I do miss 'brousing' in stores but what can you do?  Lately I've been
using Arkiv when they have sales, not quite the same as a physical store,
but better selection!  I've also tried a few downloads from iTunes (as
a matter of fact some of Shubert's string quartets on Naxos), but I am
still not sold on the quality of downloads.

Tom Wade