From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:21:03 -0400
Donald Satz wrote about this group's recording of "A Musical Offering":

>Music from Aston Magna is a chamber ensemble which plays early and baroque
>music and records for Centaur (maybe others also)....
>
>Now to the performances.  The ensemble is led by Daniel Stepner who plays
>violin and viola along with Linda Quan.  Christopher Krueger is on baroque
>flute, Laura Jeppesen on viola da gamba, and John Gibbons plays (and you'll
>like this) the fortepiano.

Just a note here, that Stepner/Jeppesen/Gibbons have also played together
for many years as the Boston Museum Trio.  I have a Titanic LP of them
playing the Bach sonatas for violin and basso continuo on "true" period
instruments (including a Stradivarius violin restored to its original
proportions) from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Bill H.