From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:47:15 -0800
Ray Bayles writes, in part:

> The problem is that ClassiCat was as good as there has ever been...
> worked well...  did everything anyone could want...  Then the author
> stopped supporting it...  Possibly due to slow sales and the hours and
> hours of work.
>
> ClassiCat is based on Access... It was developed using the Access engine.

To which I reply:

Actually, Tim, the author of the program, told me that he wrote it in
Visual Basic but that the file format is .mdb, compatible with Access.
I don't have Access any more so I can't tell whether you can access the
database with the current Access or not.  (It used to be possible and
was useful for global changes.)

Classicat works pretty well for me on VISTA, though there is the odd
error requiring a program restart.

I am experimenting with I-Tunes which will at least allow me to have
some data to the thousand or more uncatalogued CDs I have, not to
mention having access to the music straight from my computer.

[log in to unmask] (Richard Todd)